These are the promises we make to each other as members of this local church. If you'd like to learn more or talk to us about them, we'd love to hear from you.
By the grace of God, through the indwelling power of the Holy Spirit, by the mercy of the cross that flows to God’s people in their path of sanctification, and by the divine enablement that comes through faith in his promises that are mine through the Gospel, I hereby vow and covenant the following to God and Gospel Community Church:
1. By the grace of God I have come to believe that Jesus Christ, through his death on the cross and resurrection from the dead, has come to save me from my sins as I received him by grace through faith. I have committed my life to his Lordship over my soul as revealed in the Bible, and I gladly acknowledge that he is the supreme head and Lord over the church.
2. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I vow to maintain a faithful and holy walk with Jesus Christ and will consistently sit at his feet in worship, will abide in him, and will not let good things, sin, or anything else, become an excuse for forsaking my daily walk with Christ.
3. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I vow to be committed to the inspiration, inerrancy, and authority of the Word of God as laid out by the Scriptures and interpreted by the church’s doctrinal statement. I vow to live out and uphold the doctrine of the church. I vow to do this with the Bible itself as my source of authority of doctrinal formation.
4. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I vow to love my wife, to be one with her in every way, to nurture her with the Word, to wash her with it, to love and serve her, to encourage, comfort, and correct her when needed, to neither abuse my authority nor neglect it, and to regularly invest into my marriage that I might be an example to the church of a godly husband.
4a. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I vow to love my husband, to respect him, to be a godly helpmate, to seek the holy good of my marriage, to live in peaceful submission to my husband’s leading, to regularly invest into my marriage that I might be an example to the church of a godly wife.
4b. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I vow to honor God with my singleness, to use my singleness to serve the saints, reach the lost, and bring glory to God, only marrying if God brings me a godly, believing spouse.
5. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit I vow to love my children, to bring them up in the fear and instruction of the Lord being careful not to exasperate them. I vow not to abuse my authority, nor neglect it. I vow not to allow the busy nature of life, or anything else, to justify ignoring my children and I commit myself to regularly pour into my children to instruct, nurture, discipline, and parent them by the Word of God that I might be an example to the congregation of a godly parent.
5a. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit I vow to respect my parents and to submit to their authority in the home as I live out my faith in obedience to the Word of God.
6. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit I vow to prioritize my time and resources to this congregation that I might faithfully build it up with eagerness and not for sordid gain. I will fully commit myself to this congregation and its mission, and I will regularly attend the corporate gatherings. Outside of the corporate gatherings, I will cultivate meaningful involvement in the lives of the members of this church. I also vow to live in peaceful submission to the leadership of this church.
7. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit I vow to let the Word of Christ dwell in me richly so as to instruct, encourage, comfort, rebuke, exhort, and reprove through the Word of God for the holy good of God’s church. I vow to labor in love for the holiness of this church’s members encouraging them in the faith, encouraging love and good deeds, repentance from sin, and seeking to maintain the unity of the Spirit and the bond of peace.
8. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit, I vow to regularly and consistently pray for this church, its members, its ministries, and its God-given mission seeking the face of God that his presence might abide with us in a special way, that he might work in us that which is pleasing in his sight, that his name might be hallowed among us, and that he might use us to expand the Kingdom of God on earth through the ministry of the Gospel.
9. By the grace of God and the power of the Holy Spirit I vow to do the work of evangelism in my personal context by faithfully proclaiming the Gospel to the church and to the lost unto their salvation and discipleship in faithfulness to the Great Commission.
10. By God’s grace and the power of the Holy Spirit I vow to confess my sins and repent of them when I am wrong, trusting in the cross of Christ to cleanse me and for God to grow me.
11. By God’s grace and the power of the Holy Spirit I vow to take up my cross, endure the hardships, sufferings, and persecutions that come to all true Christians as I count the cost of authentically following Christ, considering it a joyful privilege to suffer for his sake.